Mail Order Service – Impact of introduction of Stage 4 Restrictions in Metropolitan Melbourne
Australia Post is focused on keeping its staff, customers and the community safe during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The introduction of Stage 4 Restrictions across metropolitan Melbourne will impact the operation of Australia Post’s Mail Order service as set out below:
- Outgoing mail from the Mail Order Service (including the provision of earlier Stamp Bulletin editions) will be suspended.
- The processing of mail addressed to the Mail Order Bureau will be suspended. If you would like to place an order during this time, it is recommended you use one of the other contact options available (telephone, email or online).
- The processing of cheque payments will be suspended from 4:00pm AEDT Wednesday 5 August 2020 (we will be prohibited from banking cheques). If you would like to place an order or make a payment during this time, it is recommended you use one of the other contact options available (telephone, email or online).
- The processing of new credit card enrolments will be suspended. We can update credit card expiry date details manually by telephone. Please do not send credit card details by email!
- Gift card activation may be restricted (in some cases, it may be possible to manually activate a gift cards over the telephone).
Other than as specified above, these changes will come into effect at 11:59pm AEDT, Wednesday 5 August 2020.
Other than as specified above, our ability to deal with telephone and email enquiries remains unchanged.
These changes will come into effect at 11:59pm AEDT, Wednesday 5 August 2020.
For Contact / Order Placement (during Stage 4 restrictions)
Freecall 1800 331 794 (from within Australia)
+61 3 9887 0033 (from overseas)
firstname.lastname@example.org (please do not send Credit Card details by email)
Online at Australia Post online Shop (delivery is FREE for all online orders when placed for delivery within Australia)